March 11, 2014

One Productive Weekend

As I was working for several weekends I did not get much sewing done in the last weeks, but this past weekend I was free from any obligations, so I spent it with sewing (yes, although the weather was great I stayed in the house sewing…)! And it was quite productive, as I finished two small projects!

Während der letzten Wochenenden musste ich häufig arbeiten und bin leider kaum zum Nähen gekommen. Aber dieses Wochenende hatte ich frei, und so habe ich es trotz des schönen Wetters drinnen verbracht und mal wieder nach Herzenslust genäht. Und es wurde ein sehr produktives Wochenende, ich habe gleich zwei kleine Projekte fertig stellen können!


First, there is a bolero cardigan, sort of. It is basically a long shawl with sleeves set in. The pointed ends of the shawl both go from the front over the shoulder of the other side.

Das erste ist eine Art Bolerojäckchen. Im Grunde ist es ein Schal mit eingesetzten Ärmeln. Die spitz zulaufenden "Schalenden" werden vorne überkreuzt und über die Schultern gelegt. 



This clever little pattern is from Ottobre 5/2012 and I really like it, but it turns out to be really short and it has a lot of negative ease, so I'm glad that my knit fabric has enough stretch in it.

Der Schnitt ist aus der Ottobre 5/2012 und ich finde das Jäckchen/Schal wirklich clever. Es ist aber kürzer als gedacht und der Schnitt ist erstaunlich viel kleiner als die Körpermasse geschnitten. Ich bin daher froh, dass mein Strickstoff sehr dehnbar ist und genug nachgibt. 


The skirt is simply made from two rectangles, one for the waistband and one gathered to be the skirt. There was no pattern, I just measured my waist and went on. I added an exposed zipper at the back, my very first one. I followed this tutorial on Burdastyle and it worked very well. So I've also learned a new technique. Not bad for one week-end, isn't it?

Der Rock ist ganz einfach aus zwei Rechtecken gemacht: eins für den Bund und eines für den Rockteil. Ohne Schnitt, nur auf Basis der Taillenweite und der Rest über den Daumen geschätzt. Ich habe dabei auch zum ersten Mal einen aufgesetzten Reissverschluss ausprobiert, in der hinteren Mitte. Dabei war die Anleitung von der Burdastyle-Seite sehr hilfreich. Ich habe also auch gleich noch etwas Neues gelernt. Und bin super zufrieden mit meinem Wochenende!


3 comments:

  1. I like very much both pieces. The cardi is really pretty, I´m not sure if it would be useful but pretty? Yes! And the skirt is the perfect match. Great aditions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your sewing productivity is growing fast :-) I love the bolero, but like Merche I don´t know if it is very useful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...